- In 1876, Lt. General George Armstrong Custer and his Seventh Calvary were wiped out by Sioux and Cheyenne Indians in the Battle of Little Big Horn in the State of Montana
- In 1950, war broke out in Korea as forces from the communist North invaded the South.
June 25th, 2008
- Post 3 things you've done in your lifetime that you don't think anybody else on your friends list has done.
- See if anybody else responds with "I've done that."
- Have your friends cut & paste this into their journal to see what unique things they've done in their life.
- Demolished two police squad cars, along with my own car attempting to run a road block. And yes, they were there for me. The rest of the night wasn't too much fun...
- I smoked (with some other folks) a big fat joint in the underground bunker that served as Eisenhower's Supreme Allied Headquarters during WWII. In High Wycombe, Bucks. No, not during WWII. It was about 1970 I think. We were in the Map Room. It was about 6 stories underground. And strictly verbotten for students to be in there. The map room looked just like you see in the old black and white movies. Huge wall sized maps on tiny rollers that slid back into the walls. Matter of fact, the whole underground complex was like something out of the old black and white movies.Looking back, it reminds me of mission control @ NASA except without all the high tech stuff.
- I learned to cliff climb on the craggy northern coast of Scotland as an adolescent. WithOUT ropes. Never fell... But I may have slid a dozen feet or so on a number of occasions.
And yes. I tasked my parents. HARD...