❝If you can attain repose and calm, believe that you have seized happiness.❞
~ Julie-Jeanne-Eleonore de Lespinasse
repose 1 |riˈpōz|
temporary rest from activity, excitement, or exertion, esp. sleep or the rest given by sleep : in repose her face looked relaxed.
• a state of peace : the repose of the soul of the dead man.
• composure : he had lost none of his grace or his repose.
• Art harmonious arrangement of colors and forms, providing a restful visual effect.
1 (of a person, action, or manner) not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other emotions : keep calm, she told herself | his voice was calm.
• (of a place) peaceful, esp. in contrast to recent violent activity : the city was reported to be calm, but army patrols remained.
2 (of the weather) pleasantly free from wind : the night was clear and calm.
• (of the sea) not disturbed by large waves.