TexasT's (texasts) wrote,

Quick! And No Fair Googling!

A show of hands. Who knows what a "Lamp Harp" is?

I sure as hell didn't. I mean I know the part. I just didn't know what it was called

Posted via LiveJournal.app.

ETA: Answer a lamp harp is the horseshoe (sort of)(or harp ~ and that's a stretch too!) shaped piece of metal that holds the shade assembly. Congrats to those that do know! The answer is for the rest of us that didn't! How did this quest for knowledge come about? Well I found myself in the unenvious position of trying to repair one of these damned things. Armed with gorilla glue and a clamp, I set to. After glueing the pieces together and clamping for the required two hours, I wasn't sure my repair job would hold under (or over, as it were.) the heat of a light bulb, I made a trip to the big orange box store. And into the lighting area. Wandering around there I came upon a whole RACK of these things in various heights and weights. Something else I didn't know was that the little bolts that are used to hold the shade assembly are of a standard size. One size fits all. Yep, it's an exciting life I lead *grin*
Tags: 42, my life, trivial pursuit, via ljapp
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.