I didn't forget - I was just delayed! Anyway here are My Tunes That Matter to me for this week!
Thanks Ladies! Timely too. I'm sitting here ripping music to go on my palm Life Drive. Time to get rid of some stuff and add a bunch more. And it beats the hell outta going through all the shoes in my closet (trying to thin them out a little) or doing laundry(!) Almost finished with that too.
List seven songs you are into right now, no matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your LiveJournal along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to. NEW RULE from le_kisse: I'm going to mutate the meme into something more meaningful. Include a sentence or two as to WHY you really are digging them.
Hmmm just seven?? This is hard
A strange child of the world I must've been, raised as I was on Crosby, Sinatra and Dean Martin. Hank, and Merle and Tammy and Patsy and that bunch. Was also very interested in Rock -n-Roll of course. It was impossible not to be in the late 60's and 70's. Also way off into Southern Rock - the likes of Skynnrd, Marshall Tucker, etc. Nowadays I tend to listen to all genres of music. Well, most anyway. There are some things I just don't get, and I guess I never will.
1. The Blue Danube Waltz - Strauss - But I also always had an affinity for classical music. This waltz always remindes me of manuevers in space. Graceful and precise.
2. Touch of Grey - The Grateful Dead - One of thier last and best in my opinion. Because nothing is just Black and White. And I'm getting a little grey around the gills. And i will survive...
3. Sweet Dreams - Patsy Cline - If I have to explain this one - you must have no heart - Or you are DEAD!
4. Caribbean Blue - Enya - I know, I know - But HEY! I like this one - And I don't really care much for any of her recent stuff. I just like the flow of it. This is one of the CD's I took with me on the Windjammer cruise I went on with The Queen. We were married on that cruise! On the Caribbean.
5. A Pirate Looks at Forty - Jimmy Buffett - One of my all time favorite tunes by Jimmy. Spent my teens running up and down the A1A in Florida. Fond memories of Seaweed abound!
6. Moonlight Sonata - and Fur Elise - Beethoven - I know that is two songs, but screw it! First songs The Offspring played on the Piano - that for me, really made me go "Day-u-mn Girl You can PLAY!!" Brought tears to my eyes, she did. I was just so proud of her! And I still am!
7. Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills, and Nash - Because I STILL want to learn to sail. And then sail to see the Southern Cross! Been thinking about that a lot lately.
That's my list of Tunes That Matter for this week! Next week would be different, I'm sure! I know it is a lot of older music. Some of it REALLY old, but that must be where I am this week!
belleaire, sahlah, future_texan, sweetpea86, richardfrance, lord_keeper, and biobabe.
Give it up, y'all!