So my last update for Java hung up last night. I finally gave up around 1:30 and killed it and shut down.
Ran it a few minutes ago with no problem. This drive, even when booting external certainly has sped the boot time up. Ran a few programs just for giggles and THEY load pretty fast as well.
Gotta feeling I’m gonna like this one...
Looks like that was the last update too. Time to get dirty. Well, right after breakfast anyway.
Stolen from keptwench who got it from someone else.
25 Signs you’ve been on the same job too long. via wisebread.com
*sigh* I seem to hit quite a few of them on this one... *sigh*
1. You start to refer to all new hires as "pups" and "spring chickens."
2. You play office trivia at lunch with other tenured folk just to make the "pups" and "spring chickens" feel out of place.
3. They ran out of clever title changes to make you feel special about doing the same work.
4. You start getting plaques for how long you've been around.
5. They start naming plants around the office after you as some sort of twisted memorial.
6. You stop caring that last night's leftover fish that you're microwaving for lunch stinks up the entire break room.
7. You work in a company of thousands of people, you have a common first name, and your email alias is your first name.
8. You bring up the "office softball game from 10 years ago," only to sadly realize mid-thought that nobody you're talking to was even there 10 years ago.
9. HR has to tell you to "use or lose" your vacation days.
10. You know everyone's kids' names, and remember them.
11. You only stick around for the sole purpose of getting drunk and making an ass out of yourself at the annual Holiday party.
12. You're the only person the IT guy completely avoids because he's scared of you.
13. There are empty liquor bottles in your cubicle...and you just don't care.
14. You can't remember when you didn't spend an hour a day at watching YouTube videos at work.
15. You reminisce about the '80s all the time, only to painfully realize later that most of the people you work with were actually born in the late '80s.
16. Your boss is younger than you. Yeah....
17. You remember actually cashing a paycheck from the same employer.
18. You get nostalgic about how things used to be...and those things used to really suck back then.
19. You are grandfathered in to an actual pension. Man, those were nice.
20. You tell your boss about a job offer you received and they just laugh.
21. Business casual now means jeans and a polo shirt.
22. You brought your kid to work on "bring your kid to work day" when they started school but they couldn't make this year's because they have their own job now.
23. You reference a scene in Office Space, comparing it to your job, at least once a week.
24. You stop getting performance reviews because your boss ran out of BS suggestions for "areas to improve."
25. 9-to-5 literally means 9-to-5.
Mine are bolded